Participants’ Age on all SaLT trips:
- The age range for participants is current high school students.
Non-School Sponsored Trip:
- Please be reminded that even though you may have learned about this trip from your school, this trip is officially a non-school sponsored trip.
- Students from multiple schools throughout the Chicagoland area are able to attend.
- On all SaLT trips participants stay at hotels in prime locations to maximize access to the local city, community and culture.
- All students and chaperones will provide personal transportation to and from O’hare airport.
- All students and chaperones will travel on the same flights and travel by bus throughout the trip.
Food & Hospitality:
- Students will experience the rich and unique local cuisine.
- Breakfast will be provided each morning at or near the hotel.
- Lunches will be served at the Service Activity sites.
- Dinners will be provided at local attractions or restaurants.
- Any dietary restrictions should be communicated clearly at the time of Registration.
- All students and parents must sign a Rights and Responsibilities form.
- Alcohol and drug use is strictly prohibited.
- Students must adhere to the behavioral expectations of all chaperones, including room curfews.
- Students in violation of significant behavioral expectations may be required to leave the trip early at the family’s expense.
Trip Preparation Meetings:
SaLT “The 411” (Date, Time and Location are to be determined)
- Parent & Student Trip Information
- Tentative Itinerary
- Team Building
- Local History, Culture and Context
- Personal Goal Setting
SaLT “The Last Word” (Date, Time and Location are to be determined)
- Final Trip Information for Parents & Students
- Final Itinerary
- Packing tips